Comprehensive Medical Malpractice Experience
At John A. Caputo & Associates, P.C.., we have a proven record of success handling medical malpractice claims for people throughout Pittsburgh and across the state of Pennsylvania.
For almost 40 years, attorney John A. Caputo has been deeply involved and extremely successful in assisting patients and their families in cases of medical malpractice. Our firm handles a broad range of medical malpractice claims, including those involving:
- Birth injuries: The overriding issue in birth injury claims is whether the injury could and should have been prevented by the professional caregivers who include the obstetrician, nurses and pediatricians or neonatologists.
- Misdiagnosis: We help people who have suffered unnecessarily due to misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis of cancer, heart disease and other medical conditions.
- Emergency room errors: Errors in the emergency room can have devastating consequences. We stand up for victims of emergency room errors in Pittsburgh hospitals and throughout Pennsylvania.
- Pap specimens: A misread Pap specimen can lead to devastating consequences such as the misdiagnosis of cervical cancer.
- Brain injuries: There are times when medical professionals or hospital caregivers do not follow the well-known, accepted practices that would detect conditions that threaten the brain. Failure to investigate or even a slight delay in investigating symptoms can lead to irreversible brain injury that incapacitates the patient.
- Strokes: Some strokes are preventable, if only doctors would identify and act upon warning signs. Sadly, this is not always the case.
- Surgical errors: Our law firm handles all types of surgical error claims, including those involving unnecessary surgery, wrong site surgery and objects left behind in the patient.
- Infections acquired in hospitals: Hospital staff members are responsible for timely detecting and testing infections.
- Anesthesia errors: Errors by anesthesiologists can result in brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and even wrongful death.
- Nursing home negligence: We stand up for injured, abused and neglected elders in Pittsburgh and throughout surrounding areas.
When medical malpractice is in question, we bring in a team of experts — including the best doctors in the relevant practice area — to review your case, identify what was done wrong or could have been prevented, and testify at trial if necessary. Our objectives in suing medical practitioners and facilities are to hold them accountable for their mistakes and negligence and to get you compensation for the resulting injuries.
Securing Your Compensation Is Our Highest Priority
We are dedicated to the pursuit of justice and obtaining appropriate compensation for the victims of medical malpractice. If you or your family members have been hurt by substandard or negligent medical care, contact us online or call 412-246-9235 for a free consultation to discuss the specifics of your situation. When we accept your case, you owe nothing out of pocket until we recover compensation for you.